The Best of 2014

In July this year I started this blog as a place to keep my growing collection of cruise ship photos. Since then I've had some great feedback and the blog has already grown into what I hope is an interesting and informative place for my readers. So far over 70 ships have been featured, with many more planned.

To mark the end of the first (partial) year I've put together a few of my personal favourite posts from the past 6 months.


In July, Seabourn Legend made her final call into Bergen before being transferred to the Windstar Fleet to make way for newer tonnage. She is a ship I remember well from the film Speed 2: Cruise Control, which, although absolutely dreadful in many respects, provided fantastic access to the ship and her interiors.

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2014/07/seabourn-legend.html

She visited Bergen on a fantastic summer day, and I was lucky to catch her departure through the fjords whilst out on a boat trip, which gave me the opportunity to see her underway.


Cunard's flagship Queen Mary 2 has called several times in Bergen over the past few years. This August she came alongside at Jekteviksterminalen, and I was able to get some nice photos of her alongside.


http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2014/08/queen-mary-2.html

In just a few days I will be on board QM2 for her eastbound Transatlantic from New York to Southampton, so check back for a full interior tour soon.


An interesting move by Costa Cruises has been to invest heavily in upgrading their older ships, rather than replacing them with newbuilds. My first opportunity to get a good look at one of their refurbished ships was with a call by Costa neoRomantica in July.


http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2014/07/costa-neoromantica-deutschland.html

I was able to see her alongside, and to watch her sailing by the Nordnes peninsula later in the afternoon. Also in port that day was MS Deutschland.

What to expect in 2015...

I'm looking forward to the year ahead, with over 260 cruise ship calls scheduled, including the debut of Viking Ocean Cruises, with the christening of their brand new flagship Viking Star taking place in a ceremony in Bergen.

2015 should also see the blog grow to include photo tours of the remaining ships in the Hurtigruten fleet, as well as Fjord Line's two cruise-ferries Stavangerfjord and Bergensfjord and a voyage report from a transatlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2.

So until then, thank you all for your support and feedback, and a very Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MS Stavangerfjord - Ship Visit and Photo Tour

Queen Mary 2 - Photo Tour and Voyage Report (Part 1)

MS Nordlys - Photo Tour